Technical Blog Post
Maximo Fix deliveries - what's changing?
Before I tell you about changes that are happening (or have started already) in regards to fix delivery in Maximo, please read our all-important disclaimer:
IBM’s statements regarding its plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice at IBM’s sole discretion. Information regarding potential future products is intended to outline our general product direction and it should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision. The information mentioned regarding potential future products is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. Information about potential future products may not be incorporated into any contract. The development, release, and timing of any future features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion.
Now on to the new and exciting changes.....what's new / changing in how we deliver fixes?
LA Fix report available
- Available since 220.127.116.11 and lists any LA Fixes applied to the environment for Maximo, Industry Solutions and Add-on
- Provides critical information to Support
- To obtain a list of all LA fixes applied on an environment, run the LATestFixReportWriter.bat program from the <maximo>\tools\maximo directory
Cumulative interim fixes (IFIXES) are now delivered every 4 weeks
- Minimizes number of fixes from one delivery to the next
- Allows rapid release of fixes for newly discovered issues
- Reduces the need for LA Fixes
Documentation and README changes
- Clearer delineation of previous fixes and newly introduced fixes
- A clear indication of fixes affecting behavior or functionality
- Clearer instructions for manual changes accompanying new fixes
- List of fixes delivered in a spreadsheet with links to detailed documentation and information on class files changed
Fixpack delivery schedule
Currently Maximo 7.5 fix packs are delivered approximately every 6-8 months. Starting with Maximo 7.6 that schedule will be changing to every 3-4 months (quarterly) starting with the first release in June of 2015.
Fixpack vs Featurepack
- The previous use of the term "fix pack" in 7.5 and earlier was somewhat misleading in that we delivered new features and functionality in those maintenance deliveries more often than not. Going forward, starting with Maximo 7.6, we will be changing the name of those deliveries to "feature packs".
- The content of the Maximo 7.6 feature packs will be a combination of bug fixes and product features & enhancements. New functionality will be delivered in each of these and documented.
- All other aspect of the feature pack as compared to the fix pack will remain unchanged. The feature packs will continue to be cumulative, be accompanied with documentation, and provided via Fix Central.The feature pack version will follow the same version approach as the Maximo 7.5 fix packs. e.g. the first will be 18.104.22.168, the second 22.214.171.124, and so on.