Technical Blog Post
The GL account not updating correctly in Purchase Requisitions Application
Welcome to the EAM Corner!!!!
My name is Ghazala and I work in level 2 support for IBM on the EAM product. This blog series will all be helpful tips, tricks and how-to's on Maximo EAM .
Be sure to follow me on DeveloperWorks ---------> Click here to follow me on DeveloperWorks!
In this blog entry I will highlight an issue my client encountered with the GL account not updating correctly in Purchase Requisitions Application.
Following steps have been used to reproduce the issue:
1. Go to Purchase Requisitions Application.
2. Create a New PR. "1454" Fill the mandatory fields. (Tax, Line Cost)
3. Go to PR line tab. Click on New Row button.
4. Give the Line Type as Material.
5. Enter the required fields including the GL Account and Save the record.
6. Click on the Distribute Costs options. The GL account in the Distribute Costs Dialog has been updated from the GL Account field in the PR line.
7. Now, change the GL account in the Distribute Costs dialog and click OK.
8. But the GL account field in the PR line is still not updated. This still shows the old GL account.
Resolving the problem
This functionality is working correctly. In PRLINE, the value is in PRLINE.GLDEBITACCT In the Distribute Costs dialog, you will be creating POCOST entries and associate multiple GL Accounts. The object in the dialog is POCOST and the attribute is GLDEBITACCT When you open the Distribute Costs dialog, by default the value from PRLINE.GLDEBITACCT will be copied into the dialog before you distribute it to multiple accounts.
The Cost Distribution lines are only intended to be used when the client wants to spread the line cost over multiple GLs. It was not
intended to be a place where the user can change the GL on the PR/PO Line by changing it on the Cost line. This is not a defect and there are no plans to change this.
Thanks for reading, be sure to look out for my next installment.