Technical Blog Post
How to make Memo field mandatory if the user tries to close an SR which doesn’t have a Work Order created for it.
The objective is to make the Memo field mandatory (if the user tries to close SR which doesn’t have a WO created for it) in Change Status dialog box in Service Request application.
- Go To Conditional Expression Manager and Create a condition (KEOSRWOCHECK) with the following expression [:ticketid not in (select relatedreckey from RELATEDRECORD where relatedrecclass='SR')]
- Apply the condition to SR to the Memo (Change Status dialog box) fields via Application Designer application. Following are the parameters for applying the condition.
- Signature Option: READ
- Security Group: EVERYONE
- Condition: KEOSRWOCHECK (as created above)
- Property (Condition is True): inputmode / required
- On Text Box Properties Advanced Tab Sig Option Data Source ID: = MAINRECORD
- Save your work
- Now to test. Go To Service Request, create a new SR and Save SR. Select Change Status and notice that Memo field (Change Status dialog box) is mandatory.