Technical Blog Post
Maximo Work Order is Generated for Both Asset and Location in Preventive Maintenance.
Welcome to the EAM Corner!!!!
My name is Ghazala and I work in level 2 support for IBM on the EAM product. This blog series will all be helpful tips, tricks and how-to's on Maximo EAM .
Be sure to follow me on DeveloperWorks ---------> Click here to follow me on DeveloperWorks!
Have you ever had an issue in the Preventive Maintenance application, when generating a work order, on a location containing only one asset, the work order is being generated for both the location and the asset.
Following steps have been used to reproduce the issue:
1. Set the application in French
2. Sign out/Log into Maximo
3. Go to the Preventive Maintenance application > Search and select PM "1009" on a location containing only one asset.
Example : In this case, the location "Central" contains only one asset "PMR".
3. From the Select Action menu, generate work order "1202".
4. Go to the Work Order Tracking application and bring up work order "1202".
5. Select the work order "1202" created from the Preventive Maintenance application.
6. The work order is generated for both the location and the asset. Only the location should appear on the work order.
Resolving the problem:
This is working as designed. There is a way to clear the ASSETNUM using the Automation Scripts application under the System Configuration application.
The following document explains how to do this: Turning off a Maximo built-in business rule with scripting - an example from Work Order Tracking
Disable Maximo business rule with an Automation Script
Thanks for reading, be sure to look out for my next installment.