Technical Blog Post
BiLog: Maximo Business Analyst Work Center and Customizations!
Did you meet Abby? She is a business analyst who loves data and the new Maximo Work Centers!
With the new work centers, users access Maximo features thru the REST API. This is very different architecture from the traditional Maximo, where user go thru the UI Framework to access MBOs and actions.
Because of this, Maximo’s Integration Framework object structures are a critical component of the work center functionality. Supporting this are two new object structure features including:
Security: New object structure security is used to enable user access thru the object structures and MBOs.
Queries: Multiple queries or sql where clauses can be applied to object structures to filter the applicable data for the user
And this is where the customization features of Maximo come into play! You may want to vary the sql used for the work center charts. You can do this by simply updating the queries within the object structures! Fabulous!
To do this, follow the example steps below to update the sql for the chart ‘Supplier Deliveries not completed to Plan’
1. Sign into Maximo as an Administrator.
2. Access the Integration – Object Structure application
3. Search for and then select MXAPIPO Integration Object Structure
4. From the action menu, select ‘Query Definition’
5. When the dialog displays, expand the query clause name ‘uxoverduedel’
6. This where clause displays
status not in (select value from synonymdomain where domainid='POSTATUS' and maxvalue not in ('HOLD','CLOSE','CAN','WAPPR')) and requireddate < CURRENT DATE
7. To quickly highlight how you can change this – modify the sql to only show Priority 1 Overdue PO's to include
status not in (select value from synonymdomain where domainid='POSTATUS' and maxvalue not in ('HOLD','CLOSE','CAN','WAPPR')) and requireddate < CURRENT DATE and priority = '1'
8. Save your changes. Sign out of Maximo. Do not restrart servers or rebuild ear files.
9. Navigate to the work center URL.
10. Log in as your biz analyst to see the updated content. Fantastic!!!
For more details on the object structures and queries used in the Business Analyst Charts for Maximo 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206, access this document
To view demo recordings on the new Maximo Work Centers, access this playlist! Enjoy!