Technical Blog Post
New Maximo Location Based Services releases in May/2017
A couple of new releases were announced in May/17 under Maximo Location Based Services. Maximo Spatial 188.8.131.52, Maximo Linear 184.108.40.206 and Maximo Anywhere 7.6.2. Please check the following highlights for each of these products.
Maximo Anywhere 7.6.2
- Display ArcGIS maps populated with ArcGIS features and other Maximo record data directly from your mobile device. You can define one or more areas on a map that can be used with mobile devices. Updates you make to ArcGIS are synchronized to the mobile devices.
- Users can access map data in realtime while mobile devices are online. While mobile devices are offline, users can still access a previously downloaded snapshot map. These snapshots can be synchronized to the server in order to retrieve latest map changes.
- Use the Identify tool to locate map features and view their details from a mobile device. This feature works with both online or offline maps.
- Update asset information appearing in a work order from a mobile device while at the physical location of a feature. For example, a work order to repair a leak at a location that includes an intersection of pipes might list the most likely source of the leak, but repair personnel on site will know for certain. Asset information can then be updated for the work order from a mobile device.
Maximo Spatial 220.127.116.11
- Linked map feature details can be viewed hierarchically by selecting one or more features on the map and then using the feature list view.
- You can locate a record by identifying it on a map that displays features and then setting it as the current record.
- Synchronization tool enhanced to be able identify ArcGIS record changes using datetime attributes populated by ArcGIS Editor Tracking
Maximo Linear 18.104.22.168
- Customize balloon tips and label messages from the Linear Visual Control. Special tags, attributes, and properties can be used to format the text that is used in the label and balloon tip for linear segments inside the Linear Visual Control.
These products requires TPAE 22.214.171.124.