Technical Blog Post
Show and hide map layers using Maximo Secuirty
After the creation of the the Maximo Spatial map service layers, it is possible to associate it to an existing or new signature option in order to controls whether map service layers are visible for the current user in spatial-enabled applications.
The signature options are NOT created during the creation of the service layers inside Map Manager and it is necessary to use an existing signature option or create a new one to control the layer visibility. The signature options that controls the service layers visibility are created under the Map Manager application.
Create a new signature option in the Maximo Application Designer.
1. In the Maximo Application Designer, select the MPMAN application
2. On the workspace tab, click on the select action menu and select the option Add/Modify Signature Options
3. In the Add/Modify Signature Options dialog, click on new row
4. Populate the fields Option and Description. Click OK to close the dialog.
After the signature option is created, it is necessary to define who will have access or not to it in the Security Groups application.
1. In the Security Groups application, select the group for which you want to grant access
2. On the Applications tab, in the Applications table window, click on the Map Manager application
3. In the table window at the bottom of the tab, select Grant Access next to the signature option for which you want to grant access
4. Click Save Group
Now the Signature Option is created and security is configured. The last part is to associate the new Signature Option to a Map Service layer in the Map Manager application. The same signature option can be reused for the different service layers from Map Manager.