Technical Blog Post
Upgrade from Anywhere 7.6.1 to 7.6.2
Hi, There are some great new features in Anywhere 7.6.2. I've updated my Anywhere 7.6.1 to 7.6.2 to take advantage of the new features
Updating the required components
1. On the computer where Maximo is installed, extract the Max_Anywhere_V762_MAM_V76.zip
2. Extract MaxAny_762_MobileFirst_71.zip
3. The contents of the ‘Install’ folder in the MaxAny_762_MobileFirst_71.zip file must always be copied into the ‘Install’ folder of the Max_Anywhere_V762_MAM_V76 folder.
4. Start the launchpad by right-clicking the launchpad file and selecting Run as administrator. If your computer is a 64-bit system, use the launchpad64 file.
5. Click the Install or Update IBM Maximo Asset Management Required Components on the left panel. Click Install to start the IBM Installation Manager wizard.
6. Install Packages shows IBM Installation Manager version 1.8.6
7. Accept License Agreement
8. Click the Install button to install Installation Manager 1.8.6
9. Click on the "Restart Installation Manager" button to launch the latest version of Installation Manager.
10. Click the Update option to install updates.
11. Select the "IBM Tivoli's process automation suite" package
12. Enter username and password to connect to the IBM download site.
13. Select "IBM Maximo Anywhere Enablement Version 7.6.2".
14. Accept the license agreement.
15. Click the Update button
16. The TPAE package have been updated with the Anywhere Enablement 7.6.2.
17. Run the Configuration Tool from the \\IBM\SMP\ConfigTool directory
18. Select "Update Database and Build and Deploy Application EAR Files"
19. Click the Next button on the Update Summary screen.
20. Apply the changes to the database, build and deploy the ear file.
21. Click OK when asked to stop the Maximo Application Server to apply database update.
22. Wait till the "Configuration and Deployment Complete" message comes up. Anywhere Enablement have been installed.
23. System Info from Help in Maximo shows "IBM Maximo Anywhere 18.104.22.168" has been installed.
Update MobileFirst Server
24. On the computer where MobileFirst Server is installed, extract the Max_Anywhere_V762_MAM_V76.zip and the MaxAny_762_MobileFirst_71.zip file. Copy the contents of the MaxAny_762_MobileFirst_71\Install folder into the Max_Anywhere_V762_MAM_V76\Install folder
25. Start the launchpad by right-clicking the launchpad64.exe file and selecting Run as administrator.
26. On the Install or Update IBM MobileFirst Server pane, click Install
27. If you are installing MobileFirst Server on a separate machine, update the Installation Manager to the latest version 1.8.6 .
28. After completing the Installation Manager 1.8.6 install, restart the Installation Manager. Click Update and complete the update wizard.
NOTE: MobileFirst 7.1.0 already installed so no update is needed.
Updating the Maximo Anywhere Build Environment
29. Start the launchpad by right-clicking the launchpad64.exe file and selecting Run as administrator
30. On the Install or Update IBM Maximo Anywhere pane, click Install
31. On the Installation Manager home screen, click Update and complete the update wizard
32. Select the MaximoAnywhere package
33. Update the Maximo Anywhere package to 7.6.2
34. Accept the license agreement.
35. Enter MobileFirst information
36. Enter the Android SDK directory for Android device.
37. If the device is Windows Tablets, enter the Visual Studio information.
38. Enter the Maximo Information.
39. Enter Maximo user information for the updated OSLC resources to be imported into Maximo Anywhere.
40. Click the Update button
41. On the computer where MobileFirst Server is installed, start Server Configuration Tool (Right Click and select Run as Administrator)and redeploy the MaximoAnywhere.war file.
42. Select an existing configuration and existing runtime. Enter the Websphere admin password.
43. Browse to the MaximoAnywhere.war under the MaximoAnywhere\bin directory.
44. Click Save and Update WAR...
45. Restart the Mobile First server from Websphere console.
46. Run the build.cmd all command from the MaximoAnywhere directory in a DOS prompt.
NOTE: Maximo and MobileFirst must be up and running for files to be built and deployed to the MobileFirst operations console.
MobileFirst 6.3 to 7.1 Upgrade Guide
Link to download MobileFirst 7.1 Interim Fix 22.214.171.124-MFPF-Server-IF201710051201.zip