Technical Blog Post
Android 6 and 7 with Maximo Anywhere 7.6.2
Maximo Support - Saw this and thought of you
There have been a number of reports recently from clients who have Maximo Anywhere 7.6.2 working on all platforms except for Android.
If you intend to use Maximo Anywhere 7.6.2 with Android 6 and 7, there are a few things you need to do...................
1. Install the latest Maximo Anywhere 7.6.2 IFIX.
2. For MobileFirst 7.1, download the MobileFirst interim fix plugin, IF201705051403, for Eclipse from this link: https://mobilefirstplatform.ibmcloud.com/blog/2016/04/05/mobilefirst-platform-compatibility-for-android-n/
4. Install the interim fix inside Eclipse.
5. Install the interim fix on the server.
The library file, libsqlcipher.so, appears. This file should now be in the following folders for each app: /App_Name/android/native/libs/armeabi, /App_Name/android/native/libs/armeabi-v7a, and /App_Name/android/native/libs/armeabi/x86.
5. Remove these three libraries, libdatabase_sqlcipher.so, libsqlcipher_android.so, and libstlport_shared.so, from /App_Name/android/native/libs/armeabi, /App_Name/android/native/libs/armeabi-v7a, /App_Name/android/native/libs/armeabi/x86. You must do this for each app.
6. Replace the worklight-jee-library.jar, worklight-ant-builder.jar, and worklight-ant-deployer files that are in the MaximoAnywhere/libs/build folder with the files that are in the server installation path of MobileFirst Server.
If you need to install MobileFirst Server, the file can be downloaded from IBM Fix Central: https://www-945.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/
6. Build and deploy the apps.