Technical Blog Post
How to use soupui xml to delete a doclink in Maximo?
You may want to use external application to delete the doclink from Maximo applications. Today I will give an example how to achieve this function by soupui xml via Maximo Integration. Please refer the steps below:
- In Maximo Object Structures application, create a new Object Structure called DOCLINK, set Consumed By as Integration, and click New Row in Source Object of DOCLINK and add object DOCLINKS
- In Web Service Library application, click Create Web Service > Create Web Service from Object Structure and select DOCLINK created from step 1
- Click Deploy to Product Web Service Container > Deploy Web Service to deploy DOCLINK web service
- Open soupui tool and create a new project by using wsdl link, by default it is:
for example: http://maximo/meaweb/wsdl/DOCLINK.wsdl
- Now we need sort out which record to be deleted. In this example, we will delete one attachment from the Work Order Tracking application
- Open Work Order and check Attachment ID (ownerid)
- Run below statement from database SQL client
select ownerid, docinfoid, ownertable, doctype from doclinks where ownderid="123"
- Set the value of the keys in soupui xml file
- After refresh the work order, you will find the doclink has been removed.