Technical Blog Post
Create an escalation on the MAXINTERROR object
Out of the box, it's not possible to create an escalation to MAXINTERROR object.
The problem here with the MAXINTERROR object is that it is not a Main Object.
It means that you cannot use it in an escalation, action, workflow, etc.
For you to be able to create an escalation you will have to make it a Main Object.
You may do the following test using a test environment first.
1. Make sure you have a back up of the Maximo database.
2. Login to Maximo and go to Database Configuration app.
3. Bring up the MAXINTERROR object and check the "Main Object" field. Save it.
4. Click Select Action -> Manage Admin Mode.
Turn Admin Mode ON.
5. Click Select Action -> Apply Configuration Changes.
6. Click Select Action -> Manage Admin Mode.
Turn Admin Mode OFF.
7. Now you can try to create the escalation using MAXINTERROR object.