Technical Blog Post
Change the default attribute used in the Find search field of the application
Have you ever wished to change the attribute that the "Find" search field looks for?
Exactly, that field in the top of the application.
That should be a problem when developing custom applications or even when using a cloned application.
The following is the step by step that you follow to change the default attribute.
1. Go to Application Designer;
2. Export the XML file from the application;
3. Do a back up of the current file and open it in a text editor;
4. In the presentation tag, add the property 'keyattribute' and set the field that you need;
Example. Changing the default attribute in the Asset application from ASSETNUM to ASSETID:
<presentation keyattribute="assetid" beanclass="psdi.webclient.beans.asset.AssetAppBean" id="asset" mboname="ASSET" resultstableid="results_showlist" version="22.214.171.124">
Note that keyattribute is pointing to "assetid".
5. Save the new XML and import to Maximo.