Technical Blog Post
From the Maximo Support Desk - Display Tag Out and Hazard Information on PM Work Orders
It's possible to configure Maximo to display the Tag Out and Hazard information on the PM-generated Work Orders...
A Safety Plan has to be first associated with the Asset, through a Job Plan, and then this Job Plan and Asset must be used on the PM.
Example steps to configure:
- Go To Planning | Safety | Safety Plans
- Create a new Safety Plan or edit an existing record:
- Click on the New Row button to select the Asset and/or Location
- Associate the appropriate Hazards and Tag Outs on the respective tabs;(Hazards and Precautions, Tag Outs)
- Go To Planning | Job Plans
- Create a new Job Plan or edit an existing record:
- On the Work Assets tab select the Asset and Safety Plan to be used
- Go To Preventive Maintenance | Preventive Maintenance
- Create a new PM or edit an existing record:
- Select the Job Plan which has the Safety Plan associated
Now, when PM Work Orders are generated from this PM/Job Plan, then the Hazards and Lock Out/Tag Out information will populate the Work Order.
Tom Richardson is an IBM Maximo Support Engineer and frequent contributor to the Asset Management Blog community. For a complete index of links to his articles, visit
Index of articles by Tom Richardson, Support Engineer