Technical Blog Post
From the Maximo Support Desk - Find All Your Work Orders
Here's one of the many Maximo "tips and tricks" that I find to be of great value. It's possible to run a query to find all of the Work Orders that were entered by the logged-in User...
The default query at the Work Order List tab shows all open records. The procedure described here is a way to make a single-click query available to find only the Work Orders that you have entered. (the logged-in User) This is merely setting up a List tab query that can be used permanently.
- At the List tab in Work Order Tracking:
- With the cursor in the Work Order field press Enter to execute the default query
- Click the Save Query button
- In the Query Name field enter "Reported By Current User" or other appropriate value
- In the Description field enter "Work Orders Entered By Current User" or other appropriate value
- Click the "Public?" checkbox, then click OK
- Click the drop-down arrow on the Save Query button, then click View/Manage Queries
- Expand the details for the query that you just created
- In the Clause field replace the value with:
reportedby = (select personid from person where personid = (select personid from maxuser where userid = :USER ))
The user can now select this from the Available Queries section. Alternately, it could be made the default query for all users by checking the Default check-box from the View/Manage Queries dialog box.
Tom Richardson is an IBM Maximo Support Engineer and frequent contributor to the Asset Management Blog community. For a complete index of links to his articles, visit
Index of articles by Tom Richardson, Support Engineer