You are in: RPG Cafe > Fall 2017 enhancements for RPG
Short URL: http://ibm.biz/fall_2017_rpg_enhancements
RPG Cafe: Fall 2017 enhancements
The ILE RPG compiler has several enhancements for 7.2 and 7.3:
- More uses for complex qualified names
- PCML support for varying-length
- ILE RPG compiler: SI66149
- ILE RPG compiler: SI66150
- ILE RPG compiler, TGTRLS(V7R3M0): SI66153
%PROC built-in function
New built-in function %PROC returns the external name of the current procedure. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzasd/bbproc.htm. This addresses RFE 93086: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=93086.
Ability to code complex qualified names in more places
- %ELEM: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzasd/bbelem.htm
- %SIZE: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzasd/bbsize.htm
- DEALLOC (documentation not changed). This addresses RFE 102087: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=102087
- RESET (documentation not changed)
Support for PCML version 7.0, which allows varying-length subfields and arrays
- New parameters *V6 and *V7 for H-spec keyword PGMINFO: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzasd/pgminfokw.htm
- Environment variable QIBM_RPG_PCML_VERSION supports the value '7.0'
RDi 9.6 supports these new features.
Documentation in the IBM Knowledge Center
The ILE RPG Reference and ILE RPG Programmer's Guide in the 7.3 and 7.4 IBM Knowledge Center are updated with full information about these enhancements. Start at the What's New Since 7.3 or What's New Since 7.4 section in the Reference.
- 7.2 Reference: What's new since 7.2: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzasd/rpgrelv7r2post.htm
- 7.3 Reference: What's new since 7.3: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzasd/rpgrelv7r3post.htm
11 December 2019