Technical Blog Post
ITM Agent Insights: Steps to upgrade Jazz for service Management using IM?
This Blog will help anyone who wants to upgrade Jazz for Service Management (JazzSM) using IBM Installation Manager (IM) existing in JazzSM 1.x components to 1.1.2 where Reporting Service / Reporting Service Environment entry exists in IBM Installation Manager.
Use the following steps to upgrade:
1. Launch IM and check uninstall section:
Note: As in above image only if entry like Reporting services / Reporting services environment appears then follow below steps.
2. Close IM if opened
3. Go to JazzSM 1.1.2 extracted location and launch install
4. Select only IBM installation manager->Version 1.8.2 and install (Don’t install other JazzSM components now)
5. Restart Installation Manager (IM)
6. Add below repositories in IM->File->Preferences
<JazzSM 1.1.2 media downloaded location>\JazzSMRepository\disk1\diskTag.inf
7. Click on Update as per above image
8. Select as per above image and click on next button
9. As per above image no reporting services appears, please ignore and click on next button.
10. Click on Next button
11. As per above image, enter JazzSM profile password, click on validate
Click on Next button
12. Enter password and click on next button
13. Finally click on update button.
We hope you find this document useful. If you have any other questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us by opening the PMR. When you open the PMR for upgrade issues then please attached musgather/pdcollect document along screen shot with PMR. Collecting and exchanging data: Jazz for Service Management installation/upgrade problems information can be found here:
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: