Technical Blog Post
ITM Agent Insight: Unable to upgrade Tivoli Common Reporting V126.96.36.199
This blog is intended to help you understand and walk you through steps where users are Unable to upgrade Tivoli Common Reporting V188.8.131.52 from Jazz for Service Management V184.108.40.206 as a root user.
1. Download Tivoli Common Reporting V220.127.116.11 from Fixcentral from the following location:
3.1.2-TIV-JazzSM-TCR-COGNOS- <Operating_System> .zip
2. Extract 3.1.2-TIV-JazzSM-TCR-COGNOS-<Operating_System>.zip to the folder <tempdir>
3. After the extraction, folder structure is as displayed in the image:
Note: The BI folder is empty
4. Copy Cognos 10.2 base image from existing Tivoli Common Reporting V3.1 or V18.104.22.168 folder to the location as detailed in the extract :
For example, for UNIX use the following command:
cp -rf <TCR31 or TCR31.0.1 Extracted
5. If the Reporting Services Environment entry does not exist in Installation Manager > Uninstall during upgrade, follow these steps:
- Copy the attached ReportingService.zip|View Details file to the file system. For example: C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Reporting_patch\ReportingService.zip
- Extract the zip. For example : C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Reporting_patch\ReportingService
- Launch Installation Manager
- Go to File-->Preferences--> Add Repository
- Provide the extracted location. For example : C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Reporting_patch\ReportingService
- Click Test Connection and see if that repository are connected and in green status.
- Click OK
- Click Install
- Select Reporting Services Environment-->Version 22.214.171.124
- Click Next
- Accept the License agreement and click Next
- Use the existing package group ( default option selected) --> Click Next
- Leave the options selected by default. Click Next
- Provide the Websphere Application Server credentials and Click Validate
- On successful validation click Next
- Provide the existing content store DB credentials and click Next.
(Note: A database already exists. You need not create a Database. The installation does not fail even if we create a new DB. If a new DB is created, it is not used if you are performing an upgradation. Select Existing Database and select the appropriate database used for installing the previous version. It is highly recommended to take a manual backup of the current content store DB before starting the upgrade.Once the content store is upgraded/connected to the newer version of Cognos, the schema gets updated that cannot be used in case rollback is required.
- Click Install
- After successful installation of Reporting Services Environment, Click Finish.
To continue with upgrading Tivoli Common Reporting:
- Add the new Jazz for Service Management repository link. For example : C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\112\JazzSMFPRepository\disk1\diskTag.inf
- Click Upgrade option in Installation Manager.
- Refer for steps to upgrade Tivoli Common Reporting
6. You can now upgrade Tivoli Common Reporting either through IBM Installation Manager or launchpad
Note: You can download IBM Cognos from Fixcentral or from PPA(Passport Advantage). PPA includes both IBM Cognos V10.2 base and V10.2 Fix Pack 4 whereas Fixcentral contains only IBM Cognos V10.2 Fix Pack 4.
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: