Technical Blog Post
ITM Agent Insights: Establishing successfully TDW data source connection steps
This blog is intended to help you understand and walk you through steps on how to create TDW data source connection successfully.
Note: On warehouse machine make sure it is connected to warehouse and It has to be cataloged to local TCR machine otherwise it will not connect to TDW on other server
Log into the DASH:
TCR 3.1: https://Localhost:16316/ibm/console/
To Establishing successfully TDW data source connection follow these steps.
1. Click on Common Reporting
2. Select Administration from the pull down (right hand side of screen)
3. Click on the Configuration tab
4. Click on "New data source"
5. Name = "TDW2" and click Next (In following image I already have one connection with TDW name hence TDW2 or any other name as your requirement.)
6. Type = IBM DB2 - Next
7. DB2 Database Name = WAREHOUS
8. Click on “create a signon that the Everyone group can use" and Click on "password" on the same page as you can see in above image.
9. User ID = usename that you are using with WAREHOUS
10. Password = password for above username.
11. Scroll down and click test the connection.
12. Click test to verify the connection works and once you see the "Succeeded"
Note: If you encounter any error/failure while verifying the Connection and Status is Error/Fail then check out ITM Agent Insights: TDW data source connection troubleshoot Error Blog.
13. Click close and close again. That will bring you back to the Image you see in step number - 7
14. Click Next and put Server name, port number and Database name where your WAREHOUS located. You can put either host name or IP address in server name.
15. Click Test the Connection.
16. Finish and you see TDW is added successfully.
Additional ITM Agent Insights series of IBM Tivoli Monitoring Agent blogs are indexed under ITM Agent Insights: Introduction.
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: