Technical Blog Post
How to collect WebSphere Agent and Data Collector diagnostic, config and logs in APM 814.
So you've been working on your WAS Agent and can't figure out why the Data Collector and Agent are not connecting to your APM server. Your friendly support L2 engineer suspects that the problem may be on the agent side, and has requested that you collect the Agent and Data Collector logs and upload it to your pmr. To do this, you will need to run both pdcollect and kyncollect.sh scripts to get all the WAS agent and DC diagnostic, config and logs data. Here are the super easy steps to do just that, it should take about 7 to 10 minutes, or less.
2. The above pdcollect script will create an output file which looks something like this. Make a note of the output file, you will need to upload this file to your pmr. (Note: If using Windows, the output file is in the C:\Users\Admini~1\Appdata\Local\Temp\2 dir.)
3. Now you will need to run the kyncollect.sh script like this. This script will get the Data Collector config info and logs from your configured server. (Note: You don't need to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable. If you don't set it, it'll use the one in your ../agent/jre/ dir. (Note: if you are using Windows, use C:\IBM\APM\TMAITM6_X64\kyncollect.cmd).
4. Here is the output file the above kyncollect.sh script creates. You will also need to upload this file to the pmr. Note that this file is not in the /tmp but in the agent's ../tmp dir. (Note: If you are using Windows, the output zip file is created in the C:\users\Admini~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2 dir.) See step 5 below for info on how to upload these files to your pmr.
5. Zip up both files into 1 file and rename it to your pmr #. Then upload it here to this site:
- click on PMR (default first tab), put your pmr #, select Tivoli in the "Upload is for" list, and put your email address. Then upload the file on the next page.
Or, if you prefer, you can login to your ESR website, and upload the file or files there directly.
That's it. You have now collected the WAS Agent and Data Collector diagnostic, config and logs info that your L2 engineer requested, they will review the data and get back to you with the next debug steps.
ITCAM / APM / ICAM L2 Support team
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds:
|Academy Twitter :||https://goo.gl/GsVecH|