Technical Blog Post
Creating TCR Report using the Report Studio.
.To create TCR report you do need to have the TCR data supplied from the TDW warehouse database.
You will have to use the Report Studio to design the report.
To use the Report studio you will have a TCR authentication that allows you to design reports or else the Report Studio option will be grayed out.
So do use the root user account or tipadmin/ password .
Note that from TCR version 2.1.X the report will be based on Cognos and the report rely on a data model that abstracts the underlying data source from the TDW Warehouse database.
TCR provides products with a TCR common data model that the products can use as a starting point in creating their models.
The TCR common data model contains commonly used dimensions, such as time and resource.
TCR utilizing the common dimensions can more easily be merged together, if a customer wants to combine data from more than one product in a single report.
The TCR common data model dimensions adopt the Tivoli Common Data Model naming and formatting rule.
Therefore to creating new report which is based on a TCR template with data from the Warehouse you use the steps below.
1. Right click on the project and select New Report.
2. Enter a Report name and click next.
3. Select a pre-defined TCR template. Click Finish.
4. Once the report is open in the layout view, right click on “Libraries” in the Outline View and click Use Library. Then select the ITM
library from the resource folder.
5. From the Library Explorer view browse to ITM under data sources in the ITM library.
Drag this and drop it in Data Sources in the Outline View.
The data source is now available in the report, referencing the one in the library to query for generating reports.
6 .Right click on Data Set in the outline view and click New Data Set.
Select ITM for the Data Source and click next.
7. The tables in the Warehouse will show up. Browse through the tables and columns to construct a SQL query.
Preview the results
8. Drag and drop the data set into the report layout to create a table.
9. Edit the chart to point to this data set
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: