Preventive Service Planning
The IBM Installation Manager on Windows platform has been signed with new code signing certificates.
Due to a change in the digital certificate used to sign Windows executable files in the IBM Installation Manager, users may experience problems installing and running the Installation Manager on Microsoft Windows machines. On Windows 10, you may see messages that block the installation and execution of the IBM Installation Manager. Note that other platforms are not impacted. Please refer to the following blog for more information:
You will need to upgrade your Windows IBM Installation Manager to version 18.104.22.168 or later.
Follow these steps for upgrading your Installation Manager to the 22.214.171.124 (or later) version:
- Create a directory on the computer where Installation Manager is installed.
- Download either the Windows 32 or Windows 64 installation kit from Fix Central (see table below).
- Extract the fix pack to the directory that you created.
- Run one of the following executables depending your preferred install method:
- "install.exe" if you are upgrading an IM installed as administrator using wizard mode
- "userinst.exe" if you are upgrading an IM installed as user using wizard mode
- "installc.exe" if you are upgrading an IM installed as administrator using command-line or silent install
- "userinstc.exe" if you are upgrading an IM installed as user using command-line or silent install
Note: You cannot add the installation kit to the list of repositories in Installation Manager.
17 June 2018