Collecting data for problems with the IBM WebSphere Application Server wsadmin component. Gathering this MustGather information before calling IBM support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
Resolving The Problem
Types of Issues:
Note: If your wsadmin script does not work with MBeans, it is recommended to use "-conntype NONE" option which does not connect to the dmgr process.
Note: The [install_root] below represents the install location of WebSphere Application Server.
1. Enable tracing in wsadmin:
- Modify the wsadmin.properties file located in the following directory:
Replace following line:
2. Recreate the problem
- Note: If wsadmin process hangs on UNIX platforms, when wsadmin hangs, execute three kill -3 pid commands, two minutes apart, on the wsadmin Process ID (PID).
If you need help on how to collect javacores, please see the following article:
IBM Problem determination for javacore files from WebSphere Application Server
3. Run the collector tool against the profiles.
4. Send the following:
- Any javacore files created for AIX, Linux and Windows. Note any issues on the machine and network during the hang.
- Collector output jars
- The script file that you executed
- The command that you used to invoke the script
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018