This SupportPac provides a korn shell script to list or close all connections to a queue manager by queue, channel, or IP address.
- List all connections to a queue manager by channel.
- List all open queue connections on a queue manager.
- Close all open connections by queue or channel and IP address.
- Determine connection abusers when max open tcp connections are reached.
- Use Wild Cards to shorten results for some commands. Use (chstat –example) on the command line for a list of available options.
New in this Release
- Add APPLTAG to output of "-channel" & "-queue" function.
- Fix wildcard channel/queue names from reading files from the local runtime directory.
- Fix short (1-2 Char) wildcard ip/channel/queue names to return more accurate results.
Skill Level Required
Basic Knowledge of IBM WebSphere MQ and basic knowledge of Linux or UNIX operating system.
Author: Josh Resnick
Last Updated: 30May08
Current SupportPac Version: 1.1
»Note that the version number shown in the right pane is the version of the IBM MQ product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last web page refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of IBM MQ SupportPacs, visit SupportPacs for IBM MQ and other project areas.
- IBM WebSphere MQ 6.0 or higher, using runmqlsr listener.
- User has access to runmqsc commands.
- Korn shell is available.
- User can read and write to a temporary file.
1. Download ms6b.tar.gz
tar -xvf ms6b.tar
chmod +x chstat(if necessary)
By making any material available for downloading from this site, IBM is making no endorsement of any of these third-party suppliers, or of their products.
27 January 2022