Question & Answer
How can I manage IBM i NetServer without IBM i Navigator?
The GO NETS tool provides a menu to configure the IBM i NetServer and related file and print shares from your emulation session. It includes interfaces to the NetServer APIs, as well as a menu of commands.
GO NETS is a user tool and is shipped in the QUSRTOOL library, under license program 57##SS1, option 7.
Before the tool can be used, the menu must be created. To do so, follow the instructions in the next section.
Setting up GO NETS
1. Create the target library. NETSRVCMD can be replaced with the library name of your choice.
CRTLIB LIB(NETSRVCMD) TEXT('i5/OS NetServer menu and commands')
2. Expand the necessary files:
CALL QUSRTOOL/UNPACKAGE PARM('*ALL ' 1)
3. Create the installation program:
CRTCLPGM NETSRVCMD/TZLSINST QUSRTOOL/QATTCL
4. Call the installer to create the GO NETS menu:
CALL NETSRVCMD/TZLSINST NETSRVCMD
5. Add the new library to the library list:
6. Display GO NETS menu:
Using GO NETS
Select a menu item to display the prompter for the corresponding command. Additional information is in member TZLSINFO in QUSRTOOL/QATTINFO.
29 October 2019