Question & Answer
What are the known problems and limitations to installing 64-bit Rational Application Developer?
Starting in version 8.0.3, if you are installing the product on a computer with a supported 64-bit operating system, then you can choose to install the product as either a 64-bit or 32-bit application.
To install the product as a 64-bit application:
- Start the installation process.
- On the Location page in IBM Installation Manager (this is the page where you select the installation directory), select 64-bit.
- Important - for RHEL 6.0 RHEL 6.0 x86_64 (64-bit) see the following technote regarding running Installation Manager:
Note that versions 8.0 to 8.0.2 can only be installed in 32-bit mode.
Note: If you already have the version 8.0.x product installed in 32-bit mode, you cannot change the bit-mode of the installation to 64-bit mode using the Update or Modify processes in Installation Manager. You can only select the bit-mode during product installation.
If you install the product in 64-bit mode:
- You can install the WebSphere Application Server test environment extensions into the installation location. However, the test environment extensions will be 32-bit versions.
- Some product features might not be available.
Known problems and limitations
- The following link returns a list of support documents about known problems or limitations for installing or running the product as a 64-bit application, and any workarounds that are available:
Was this topic helpful?
16 June 2018