This technote describes crashes that occur when running Notes or Domino Designer clients on Windows 10 with the Creators Update installed.
Resolving The Problem
** Fix Available ** The three issues described below are addressed by Microsoft's KB4022716 (OS Build 15063.447) update. For the latest cumulative update, go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4022716/windows-10-update-kb4022716.
|Issue #1: Blue screen OS crash occurs when working with an XPage in Domino Designer on Windows 10 with Creators Update installed (SPR# LHEYALMCEP)|
While working with an XPage via Domino Designer on Windows 10 with the Creators Update installed, the OS crashes with a blue screen error.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Domino Designer
2. Create a Discussion app using the Discussion template.
3. Create a new XPage.
4. Drag & Drop a view onto the XPage.
5. Click one of the columns of the View.
6. Navigate to the Data Properties and select some element within the Data Properties tab
Result: The blue screen crash occurs.
|Issue #2: Blue Screen OS crash occurs when launching Notes on Windows 10 with Creators Update installed (SPR# AYAVALMCJK)|
Intermittently at Notes launch, Windows 10 Creators Update OS crashes with a blue screen and returns bug check 0x7F (UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP). For details on the error code, see the Microsoft article at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x7f--unexpected-kernel-mode-trap.
NOTE: In some environments, this particular issue impacts Notes Standard clients only; Notes Basic clients are not impacted. Also, in some environments, the issue impacts only Notes users with a customized welcome page and not those using the default welcome page.
|Issue #3: Notes crashes at startup on Window 10 with Creators Update installed; the OS does NOT crash (SPR# AYAVALZ933)|
IBM Notes crashes at startup on Windows 10 with the Creators Update installed; the OS does not crash. When the Notes crash occurs, the following data is captured in the Windows Event Viewer log.
- Faulting application name: notes.exe, version: 0.68.0.0, time stamp: 0x58a880d1
Faulting module name: CoreMessaging.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x203d029b
Exception code: 0xc00001ad
Fault offset: 0x000000000006b861
Faulting process id: 0x794
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2bdc5d71e5f41
Faulting application path: C:\Users\db2admin\Downloads\notes.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CoreMessaging.dll
The known workaround for this issue is to delete PageHeapFlags and VerifierFlags from the following registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\notes.exe
|Related Forum Posts|
- Windows 10 Creator edition blue screen - https://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/ndseforum.nsf/xpTopicThread.xsp?documentId=92DCED7D19E9D8DB8525810000335FAA
- Creators Update - Notes - Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap - https://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/ndseforum.nsf/xpTopicThread.xsp?documentId=1F02A503CDD1E0F285258101003CEFBB
Internal Use Only
Contributors: Yumin Gao, Josh Sherman
For general information on Microsoft updates, go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825.
Additional Info for Issue #2: Customer updated PMR 27649,010,618 on June 6th with additional findings from Microsoft:
- 1) they said it has impacts in Win32kFull.sys
2) they will let us know that in the end of month there will be a fix for this issue
|Issue #1||LHEYALMCEP||Domino Designer crashes the OS after Windows 10 Creators update|
|Issue #2||AYAVALMCJK||Win 10 Creator update: Notes client BSOD|
|Issue #3||AYAVALZ933||Win 10 Creator update: Notes.exe crashes on startup|
16 June 2018