This is the first fix pack after ITCAM Agents for WebSphere Messaging Version 7.1.0 GA.
This fix pack applies to users who plan to upgrade their current version of ITCAM agents for WebSphere Messaging, version 7.1.0, to version 7.1.0 fix pack 01.
This fix pack has the following enhancements:
- - Fixes the APARs that are opened against previous versions.
- Provides support for IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3.
- Provides support for native 64-bit agents on Windows systems.
- Provides support for Windows 2012 systems.
Make sure that the following software installed in your environment is compatible with this fix pack.
Supported WebSphere MQ:
- - WebSphere MQ 6.0
- WebSphere MQ 7.0
- WebSphere MQ 7.0.1
- WebSphere MQ 7.1
- WebSphere MQ 7.5
For the latest MQ version support, refer to technote 1502244
Supported WebSphere Message Broker:
- - IBM WebSphere Message Broker V6
- WebSphere Message Broker V6.1
- WebSphere Message Broker V7.0
- WebSphere Message Broker V8.0
- WebSphere Message Broker V188.8.131.52
- WebSphere Message Broker V184.108.40.206
Supported IBM Tivoli Monitoring
- * IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.3 fix pack 1 or later
Refer to the Readme file for installation instructions.
- 1. For distributed systems, download the following installation image from Passport Advantage .
Description Part number IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager Agents for WebSphere Messaging V7.1.0 FP01 CIJM0EN
- 2. For z/OS systems, install the following PTFs to bring your system to an equivalent level to this fix pack:
FMID Maintenance level HKCF710 UA69750 HKMC710 UA69751 HKMQ710 UA69752 HKQI710 UA69753
- 3. For the z/OS customer who has no agents running on distributed systems, download IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging V7.1.0 Application Support Files for z/OS (LCD7-3513-05.tar) from the following website: ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/tivoli_support/misc/PandA/tools_agent/tools/appsupt/LCD7-3513-05.tar
Known Side Effects
1. Problem: During the installation of WebSphere MQ configuration manager (product code: cf) on 64-bit Windows systems, a question dialog is displayed with an error message saying "Building the Configuration Management data source failed possibly dues to an incorrect User ID or password. Would you like to re-try?".
Solution: This problem is caused by APAR IV43040 of IBM Tivoli Monitoring version 6.3. Click No on the dialog to proceed and the internal kcf database will be selected and installed by default.
2. DB2 database type is not supported by the WebSphere MQ configuration manager (product code: cf) on the monitoring server installed on 64-bit Windows and Linux x86_64 systems. Only the internal KCF database type is supported on these two systems.
13 August 2018