Question & Answer
Why the Install button for Data Studio is grayed out and cannot install even if the PC can connect to the internet?
It is an known current DB2 limitation.
Here is an example, using a DB2 client. It is happens with any other listed DB2 product.
* Below steps would be expected to run at one machine which can connect to internet.
1. Goto latest fixpack download page:
DB2 Version 10.5 Fix Pack 6 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
-> Click "Windows 64bit" -> Click "IBM Data Server Client" -> Check the check box -> Click "Next" ->
2. Now, v10.5fp6_ntx64_client.exe is listed. -> Click the file name ->
Save it on your PC's temp space/folder.
* This step can verify the PC can connect to internet.
3. Click the downloaded file and unzip files in a temp space/folder.
4. Right click setup.exe and install it by Admin
5. DB2 setup launch pad is displayed -> Click "Install Data Studio Component"
6. In the right side window, "Install" button is grayed out even if the PC has an internet connection.
It says "No internet connection. Internet connection is required to install Data Studio." unexpectedly.
This is an known current DB2 limitation, the Install button is grayed out even if the PC can connect to the internet.
You may download and install in a separate way from one of below Related Information links as a workaround.
This behavior might be changed without notice in the future. We can confirm whether this technote
is valid or not by following above example steps.
Please contact your Sales Rep to submit a potential design change towards a future release.
Or please open a ticket, Request For Enhancement at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/
Internal Use Only
RTC #2597 for PMR 17468,999,760, L2 and L3 have discussed and agreed to publish the contents. See RTC #2597 for more information.
16 June 2018