Preventive Service Planning
Known limitations, problems and workarounds for the Pack
The following limitations, problems, and workarounds are known for Pack for SAP BW, Versions 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199:
- Job reset tool: The "SAP system number" (or instance number) always defaults to 0. This only affects Extract jobs. The issue is present in versions 188.8.131.52 through 184.108.40.206 and will be fixed in a future version. Internal tracking number: 223135.
Workaround: To clean up artifacts from failed Extract jobs, refer to technote 1441967. Perform the steps listed under Manual Cleanup, Option B.
- On AIX systems, installing in console mode generates a warning message about an invalid size 0 file, but the Pack installs successfully; referenced in technote 1416273
- Extract jobs on parallel canvas with nodes running in Grid Format (nodes on different host systems) do not function reliably, because this configuration is not supported.
- When loading empty files, the results are determined by your SAP BW configuration. One packet is always sent by the IBM InfoSphere Information Server.
- In both the Extract and Load stages, when a job fails with the error Unknown project name, select the correct Project in SAP Administrator/Source System Properties/DS Job Options.
- When the wait time for an InfoSpoke expires, InfoSphere Information Server starts the job. However, after the requested InfoSpoke finishes processing, the InfoSpoke starts the same IBM InfoSphere Information Server job, even though the job is not scheduled.
- When a parallel load job is running in true parallel mode, several NULL records can be sent to SAP BW. The architecture of the parallel job engine requires each node running the job to send a "LAST PACKET" indicator to SAP BW. Because parallel jobs provide no advance notice that a node's work is complete, the nodes send a ZERO row packet to SAP BW as the LAST PACKET. SAP BW considers the ZERO row to contain a NULL row.
- When you upgrade from BW 4.1 Load stage, the InfoPackage is not retained.
- You cannot run two Infopackages that use the same source system and Infosource.
- When you change a source system ID by using the SAP, the change is not reflected in the BW Load stage or Extract stage.
- The IBM InfoSphere Information Server Pack for SAP BW does not support multibyte metadata.
- SAP BW Load jobs with more than one input link complete the job but display the following message in DS Director:
- When installing graphically, there is no prompt to notify that SAP BW is already installed. However, when installing with the -console method, a prompt notifies that SAP BW already exists. Also both installation methods report successful install, but the /opt/IBM/InformationServer/logs > sapbw_server_install.log reports a warning.
- When performing a multi-tier InfoSphere Information Server installation, with the Services tier on Windows, an error might occur as the result of a missing Windows Registry key. For more information, see http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=14&uid=swg21442306.
- SAP BW Load stage jobs complete successfully but the float data is not loaded to SAP BW and results in the following error:
- JR38631: An SAP BW Load job with a parameter used as the SAP password fails.
- JR42709: SAP BW stages cannot recognize SAP BW 7.x DataSources.
If the error still occurs delete and recreate the Source System the job uses.
BW_Load_Stage_4_3_2_1_4: When checking operator: Passive stages should have either one input link or one output link.
Ignore the message.
Transformer_1,1: APT_Decimal::ErrorBase: From: the source decimal has even precision, but non-zero in the leading nybble, or is too large for the destination decimal.Record dropped.
Was this topic helpful?
16 June 2018