Information Center package for use with IBM XL C for AIX, V11.1, IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V11.1 and IBM XL Fortran for AIX, V13.1 compilers.
- This page contains the download link and setup instructions for Information Center package for use with IBM XL C for AIX, V11.1, IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V11.1 and IBM XL Fortran for AIX, V13.1 compilers.
A fully searchable, HTML-based information center containing the product documentation for IBM® XL C for AIX®, V11.1, IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V11.1 and IBM XL Fortran for AIX, V13.1 is viewable on the Web at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/comphelp/v111v131/index.jsp. If you want a local or intranet version of this information, you can also download this package.
This information center can be installed on any AIX 5.3 or AIX 6.1 system running in 64-bit mode. It can be accessed with a Web browser from the machine on which it is installed or from other computers on the same network.
Please use the following instructions to install and use the Information Center for IBM XL C for AIX, V11.1, IBM C/C++ for AIX, V11.1 and IBM XL Fortran for AIX, V13.1 compilers:
1. Download the help system tarball (XLHelp-v111-v131-AIX-64.tar.Z) from the link provided under "Download Package" section.
2. Extract the tarball on your AIX machine. The following command will extract files to a new directory "./xlhelp":
- zcat XLHelp-v111-v131-AIX-64bit.tar.Z | tar -xf -
3. Enter the new directory:
- cd ./xlhelp
4. Start the Information Center by running the command:
- ./xlhelp &
5. Access the Information Center by going to the URL: (replace <hostname> with your AIX machine's hostname)
6. To stop the Information Center, run the command:
7. To remove the Information Center, ensure it is not currently running by executing the stop command (step 6 ), then remove the extracted directory 'xlhelp'.
Terms and Conditions
By downloading, installing, copying, accessing or using this software you agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the License Agreement. Please review the License Agreement and License Information documents prior to proceeding with download or installation.
25 October 2021