IBM WebSphere SDK Java Technology Edition 8.0 Minimum Supported Operating Systems in WebSphere Application Server V8R5
- Liberty added support in fix pack 5
- WebSphere Application Server traditional added support for installing this SDK as an extension in 188.8.131.52
- In 184.108.40.206 and later, this SDK is available as an option on new installations.
- In 220.127.116.11 and later, it is planned that this SDK will be required for all new installations and all updates (fix packs).
- Windows 2008
- Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2
- Supported only with IBM WebSphere SDK Java Technology Edition 7.0 remains supported as long as IBM WebSphere SDK Java Technology Edition 7.0 remains supported. See https://www.ibm.com/cloud/blog/websphere-application-server-extends-java-se-7-support for more information.
- HP-UX 11iv2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- SLES 11.0 (later service packs such as 11.1 are still supported)
- SLES 10
- z/OS 1.12
- Solaris 10 with Java 8 is treated as "other configuration". For a full definition of "other configuration" refer to this document.
- Solaris 10 configured to use the optional IBM WebSphere SDK Java Technology Edition 7.0 remains supported as long as IBM WebSphere SDK Java Technology Edition 7.0 remains supported. For more information, see: https://www.ibm.com/cloud/blog/websphere-application-server-extends-java-se-7-support
System requirements for 18.104.22.168 and later, which are influenced by the change to IBM Java 8, can be viewed in the Software Compatibility Report for WebSphere Application Server
Component specific notes:
- WebSphere Application Server installations between 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 require an explicit user selection to determine the default IBM WebSphere SDK Java Technology Edition on new installations.
- IBM HTTP Server and the Webserver plug-in between 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 defaults to IBM WebSphere SDK Java Technology Edition 8.0. No explicit selection is required. These components do not use Java at runtime.
13 September 2021