IBM WebSphere Customization Tools Version 7.0 can be installed on a workstation running the Windows or Linux Intel operating system.
- Application Server
- Feature Packs
Supported Windows Releases:
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Ultimate
Supported WebSphere Application Server Versions:
This version of WebSphere Customization Tools can be used to configure WebSphere Application Server for z/OS V7.0. The contained Profile Management Tool can also be used to configure WebSphere Application Server for z/OS V6.1.
You can install the most current release of WebSphere Customization Tools Version 7.0 on a workstation running a Windows or a Linux Intel operating system so that you can use the Profile Management Tool and the z/OS Migration Management Tool to generate the jobs and instructions for creating and migrating profiles. The WebSphere Customization Tools (WCT) contain the following tools for customizing WebSphere Application Server for z/OS V7.0:
- Profile Management Tool (z/OS only)
- z/OS Migration Management Tool
Known issues with WebSphere Customization Tools 22.214.171.124
- When creating the customization jobs for a cell definition, if "Use a z/OS security product" on the Administrative Security Selection panel is selected and "Enable Writable SAF Keyring support" is selected on the following panel, the necessary RACF statements for writable SAF keyring support are not generated in the resulting customization jobs. The work around is to create your cell using the management - deployment manager and application server customization jobs and then federate your application server.
- The "Augment" button may not work for customization locations that contain Japanese characters in the path name. The work around is to create customization locations with path names that do not contain Japanese characters.
- WCT Version 126.96.36.199 is the minimum fix pack level of the tool to use when hosted on Windows 7 operating system. The warning message about the operating system not being supported may be safely ignored during the installation of the tool on Windows 7 operating system.
|22 July 2013||Updated for launch of version 188.8.131.52|
|24 Sep 2012||Updated for launch of version 184.108.40.206|
|28 May 2012||Updated for launch of version 220.127.116.11|
|12 Sep 2011||Updated for launch of version 18.104.22.168|
|16 May 2011||Updated for launch of version 22.214.171.124|
|28 Feb 2011||Updated for launch of version 126.96.36.199|
|26 Oct 2010||Updated for launch of version 188.8.131.52|
|18 Jun 2010||Updated for launch of version 184.108.40.206|
|15 Jan 2010||Updated for launch of version 220.127.116.11|
|02 Oct 2009||Updated for launch of version 18.104.22.168|
|27 Jul 2009||Updated for launch of version 22.214.171.124|
|27 Mar 2009||Updated for launch of version 126.96.36.199|
|08 Dec 2008||Updated for launch of version 188.8.131.52|
|26 Sep 2008||Original draft published for Version 7.0|
- Download the download.70029.wct.windows.ia32.zip archive file.
- Extract the files from the archive to create the installation image.
- Go to the \WCT\ directory of the disk or installation image.
- Run the install.exe file. Follow the prompts until completion.
Contact 1-800-IBM-SERV (U.S. only) or visit the WebSphere Application Server for z/OS Support site.
Problems (APARS) fixed
Problems (APARS) fixed
20 July 2018