IBM Trace and Request Analyzer for WebSphere Application Server is a tool that detects delays and hangs in WebSphere trace.
- Download: https://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/websphere/appserv/support/tools/tra/tra302.jar
- Open a terminal or command prompt and change directory to where you downloaded the JAR file.
- Ensure that Java is on your PATH to run the tool.
- Launch the tool:
java -Xmx1g -jar tra*.jar
- The user defines and puts in the threshold in order to find delays in trace longer than the threshold.
- The tool reads WebSphere Application Server trace files .
- The tool parses method call tree, time stamp, process ID, thread ID, trace entry, trace exit, method entry and method exit information according to the following steps:
- The user customizes the parsing information, if desired.
- The tool calculates actual times spent in each method and trace.
- The tool finds delays longer than the threshold.
- The tool sorts the delay list by delay time.
- The tool displays a list of delays and trace entries on the GUI.
20 November 2019