IBM Thread and Monitor Dump Analyzer for Java (TMDA) is tool that allows identification of hangs, deadlocks, resource contention, and bottlenecks in Java thread dumps.
- Download the JAR file: https://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/websphere/appserv/support/tools/jca/jca4611.jar
- Open a terminal or command prompt and change directory to where you downloaded the JAR file.
- Ensure that Java is on your PATH to run the tool.
- Launch the tool:
java -jar jca*.jar
kill -3 $PID
- Remove discussion of -Xmxcl
- Add warning for OutOfMemoryError caused by excessive GC
- Fix handling of thread dumps with "<name unavailable>NULL" and "1INTERNAL Unable to walk threads. Some or all threads may have been omitted." in the stack (also add a warning when clicking on such a parsed thread dump).
- Fix handling of thread dumps with newlines in the thread name.
- Fixed spurious deadlock warning when waiting on monitor that is unowned.
- Support HotSpot thread dumps with three spaces ( ) in front of stack frames instead of a tab (\t).
Support HotSpot thread dumps with thread name signature of " - Thread t@$ID" in addition to " prio=".
Fix Java heap virtual memory allocation calculations.
On macOS, by default, use the system look and feel so that the file dialogs and copy/paste are more natural. This behavior may be reverted at runtime by clicking View > Options and clicking OK.
- Fix issue where progress bar completes too early and selecting a javacore before the parsing fully completes can raise exceptions.
- Handle corrupted parked monitor lines in javacores.
17 November 2021