First impressions are important! The TA conducts a “welcome call” with the client and works with IBM Support Engineers and the client to ensure each product is installed with the recommended licensed internal code or software level, Call Home is enabled, IBM Storage Insights is set up, and My Support Notifications are turned on. For new deployments of Spectrum Protect/Protect Plus, the TA will review installation plan, and validate blueprint.
The TA significantly reduces the operational risk to the client's environment through proactive notifications of known issues, as well as providing expert recommendations regarding currency of licensed internal code or software updates that may need to be installed and prioritized. The TA documents a change plan identifying the “what, why, when, who, and how” of each planned update to ensure its successful completion and shares the plan during discussions with the client.
During critical situations the TA advocates for the client within IBM support teams. The TA uses their knowledge of the client’s environment and expertise to assist the combined IBM teams to a timely resolution. When necessary, the TA may brief and coordinate resources regarding the root cause analysis, necessary IBM steps, and suggest client mitigation, if appropriate.
The TA blends insight of product function and the client’s operating environment with their specialized knowledge to deliver best practices advice that makes a difference, assists to optimize the usage of product functionality, and reduces operational risks.
- FlashSystem 9100, 3-year warranty (M/T: 9848)
- FlashSystem 9200 and 9200R, 3-year warranty (M/T: 9848)
- SAN Volume Controller (SVC), 3-year warranty (M/T: 2147)
- FlashSystem 7200 (MT: 2076)
- IBM DS8880, 2,3,4-year warranty (M/T: 2832/3/4 and 5332/3/4)
- IBM DS8900F, 2,3,4-year warranty (M/T: 5332/3/4)
- FlashSystem V9000, 3-year warranty (M/T: 9848)
- FlashSystem A9000/R, 3-year warranty (M/T: 9837/8)
- FlashSystem 900: TA Coverage will end after the first year of a 3-year warranty machine type (M/T: 9843)
Technical Advisor consulting may be purchased for any IBM Storage product from IBM Technical Support Services (TSS) or from IBM Systems Lab Services.
Technical Advisor coverage is NOT provided as part of any maintenance extension offering by TSS. Any extension of TA coverage must be purchased separately via a contract from TSS.
To inquire about obtaining TA consulting services, or for other inquiries related to TA, email us at: email@example.com