Version 5.3.5.x contains new features, APAR fixes, and currency support for IBM® Spectrum Control™.
What's New in 5.3.5.x?
- Check out New for IBM Spectrum Control 5.3.5 in the IBM Knowledge Center
- Review the APAR Fix List
- Review the Supported Products and Platforms
- Version 22.214.171.124 was withdrawn due to upgrade problems and has been replaced by version 126.96.36.199
- Use the GNU tar program (1.14 or higher) rather than the native AIX tar program to extract files from the IBM Spectrum Control installation images. The AIX tar program can truncate long file names, which may cause errors with the IBM Spectrum Control application.
IBM Spectrum Control V188.8.131.52 can be applied as a new installation or as an upgrade to IBM Spectrum Control 5.3.x, 5.2.x or Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.2.x. If you are applying this as an upgrade, your existing license will be transferred. If you are doing a new installation, a license is required and is included on Passport Advantage® Online.
To prepare for an upgrade or new installation:
- Review the 5.3.5 Limitations and Known Issues for IBM Spectrum Control technote prior to applying this release. It contains last-minute information and changes that could not be included in the final product documentation.
- If you are applying this as an upgrade, review the upgrade procedures in the IBM Spectrum Control Knowledge Center.
- For a new installation, review the new installation procedures in the IBM Spectrum Control Knowledge Center.
To download the packages for a desired operating system, follow the link below and select the package you desire.
- V184.108.40.206 release is available on Passport Advantage for new installations:
Downloading IBM Spectrum Control V220.127.116.11 using Passport Advantage Online
Verify the checksum values for the downloaded files
- V18.104.22.168 release is available on Fix Central for upgrades:
Downloading IBM Spectrum Control V22.214.171.124 packages using Fix Central
Verify the checksum values for the downloaded files:
Component Name Platform Part Names & File Names Checksums Server AIX 5.3.5-SC-Server-AIX-FP0001 SC_126.96.36.199_aix.tar.gz c514fd1a90c1a1589fe2e1a8e047f1df Server Linux 5.3.5-SC-Server-Linux-FP0001 SC_188.8.131.52_linux.tar.gz 09e30fa69862b6a89299964dda93bde5 Server Windows 5.3.5-SC-Server-Windows-FP0001 SC_184.108.40.206_windows.zip c0a57fe55398a7f180fc2fc7226deab0 Agent All 5.3.5-SC-Agent-FP0001 SC_220.127.116.11_SRA.zip 60dc03bbc09d39e9d6d1d76fd70531ef SC_18.104.22.168_SRA.tar.gz d607fcb610335e0c4952caf939422978
The following APARs are solved in this release:
IT30355 IT30440 IT28232 IT29012 IT29190 IT29230 IT29459 IT29548 IT29862 IT29939 IT30322 IT30334 IT30386 IT30478 IT30523 IT30918
02 November 2020