Version 5.3.2 contains new features, APAR fixes, and currency support for IBM® Spectrum Control™.
What's New in 5.3.2?
- Check out New for IBM Spectrum Control 5.3.2 in the IBM Knowledge Center
- Review the APAR Fix List
- Review the Supported Products and Platforms
- Use the GNU tar program (1.14 or higher) rather than the native AIX tar program to extract files from the IBM Spectrum Control installation images. The AIX tar program can truncate long file names, which may cause errors with the IBM Spectrum Control application.
IBM Spectrum Control V5.3.2 can be applied as a new installation or as an upgrade to IBM Spectrum Control 5.3.x, IBM Spectrum Control 5.2.x, or Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.2.x. If you are applying this as an upgrade, your existing license will be transferred. If you are doing a new installation, a license is required and is included on Passport Advantage® Online.
To prepare for an upgrade or new installation:
- Review the 5.3.2 limitations and known issues for IBM Spectrum Control technote prior to applying this release. It contains last-minute information and changes that could not be included in the final product documentation.
- If you are applying this as an upgrade, review the upgrade procedures in the IBM Spectrum Control Knowledge Center.
- For a new installation, review the new installation procedures in the IBM Spectrum Control Knowledge Center
To download the packages for a desired operating system, follow the link below and select the package you desire.
- This release is available on Passport Advantage for new installations:
Downloading IBM Spectrum Control V5.3.2 using Passport Advantage Online
- This release is available on Fix Central for upgrades:
Downloading IBM Spectrum Control V5.3.2 packages using Fix Central
Verify the checksum values for the downloaded files.
The following APARs are solved in this release.
Was this topic helpful?
22 February 2022