This fix pack for IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager, Privileged Access Agent, Version 2.1.0, contains fixes and changes.
UPDATE: Starting from August 2018, to obtain the latest fix packs and support for the Access Agent client, download Privileged Access Agent 2.1.1. For more information, see compatibility announcement.
- All AccessProfiles are updated. Learn more about the latest AccessProfiles here: IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager AccessProfile Library.
- Multi-tab recording for Internet Explorer 11 is now supported. Deploy the fix pack and update the following AccessProfiles to enable this feature:
- - Amazon Web Services (AWS) AccessProfile
- VMware vCenter AccessProfile
- WebSphere Application Server AccessProfile
- Softlayer AccessProfile
This fix pack corrects the following issues that are found in IBM® Security Privileged Identity Manager, Privileged Access Agent 2.1.0 release:
- APAR IV98496
During credential check-out, the targeted application might stop working.
- APAR IV99001
User is unable to sign-up or login to AccessAgent due to restrictive DER encoding checks in the IMS Server.
- APAR IV99068
During the check-out process, consent window and credential selection window might appear behind Internet Explorer.
Note: To resolve this, you must deploy this fix pack and the Common Components AccessProfile.
- APAR IV99146
Credential check-out and session recording might fail when TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are enabled.
- APAR IV99437
In certain environments, session recording might produce empty (white color) recording frames for Internet Explorer.
- APAR IV99864
When a user remotely connects to a server with AccessAgent installed, the remote AccessAgent does not launch.
This fix pack contains the following files:
Before you install this fix pack, ensure that you have installed the following version of Privileged Access Agent.
- Privileged Access Agent 2.1.0.0147 (Fix Pack 7)
- Privileged Access Agent 2.1.0.0145 (Fix Pack 6)
- Privileged Access Agent 2.1.0.0143 (Fix Pack 3)
- Privileged Access Agent 2.1.0.0130 (GA)
Review the following instructions.
- Install the Privileged Access Agent fix pack with one of the following ways:
- Update the AccessProfiles.
Installing the Privileged Access Agent fix pack
- Download the Privileged Access Agent installer file from Fix Central into your local computer. For example: C:\Temp.
- For Windows 32-bit: 2.1.0-ISPIM-AA-FP0009_32.msp
- For Windows 64-bit: 2.1.0-ISPIM-AA-FP0009_64.msp
- Run the Privileged Access Agent installer file with administrator privileges.
- For Windows 32-bit: msiexec /p "2.1.0-ISPIM-AA-FP0009_32.msp"
- For Windows 64-bit: msiexec /p "2.1.0-ISPIM-AA-FP0009_64.msp"
- Click Finish. The Privileged Access Agent Installer Information window is displayed.
- Click Yes.
- Restart the computer.
- Right-click the Privileged Access Agent tray icon in the system tray and select About Privileged Access Agent. The Privileged Access Agent version is displayed.
If you successfully installed 2.1.0-ISPIM-AA-FP0009, the Privileged Access Agent version is updated to 2.1.0.0154 and the Privileged Access Agent maintenance level is FP0009.
Installing the Privileged Access Agent fix pack silently
You can also choose to install the fix pack silently.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have administrator privileges.
Use the following script for silent installation on a command line.
- For Windows 32-bit: msiexec /p "2.1.0-ISPIM-AA-FP0009_32.msp" /quiet
- For Windows 64-bit: msiexec /p "2.1.0-ISPIM-AA-FP0009_64.msp" /quiet
Updating the AccessProfiles
Go to the IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager AccessProfile Library for a list of updated AccessProfiles.
- If single sign-on for Java applications must be enabled, run JVMSupport.vbs.
See Enabling single sign-on for Java applications.
- The administrator is required to delete all existing Recorder log files.
For more information about IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager, Version 2.1.0, see the following links:
31 August 2018