Fix pack for IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On, AccessAgent, Version 8.2.1
This fix pack corrects the following issues that are found in IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On AccessAgent, Version 8.2.1 release:
- APAR IV78000
With RFID-only and fast unlock enabled, the user might need to provide the ESSO password before the RFID-only logon timeout.
- APAR IV76631
Unlocking the workstation might fail when both "Password" and "Password + RFID" wallet authentication policies are enabled.
- APAR IV76634
User might encounter login issues if the user logon name is longer than the domain name.
- APAR IV78791
Unlocking the workstation might fail if the user that performs the unlocking is different from the one who was previously logged in.
- APAR IV78799
An ISAM ESSO message might appear when the user restarts or shuts down the workstation.
- APAR IV78795
Slowness might be experienced with application profile that includes the action "Notify AccessAgent of application logoff".
The following fixes and defects only affect IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager users:
- APAR IV78341
Shared credential check-out for applications might fail when UAC is enabled.
- APAR IV76205
User consent dialog window for session recording might appear behind application.
- APAR IV76427
Application might fail when session recording is enabled.
Low-level integrity processes cannot log messages in the Recorder log file. The administrator is required to delete all existing Recorder log files.
Text recorder upload issues might occur when commands entered are longer than 128 characters.
For more information about the IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On, Version 8.2.1, see the following links:
This fix pack contains the following files:
- AccessAgent 8.2.1.0191 (GA)
- AccessAgent 8.2.1.0227 (Interim fix 1)
- AccessAgent 8.2.1.0230 (Interim fix 2)
- AccessAgent 184.108.40.2060 (Fix pack 4)
- AccessAgent 220.127.116.112 (Interim fix 5)
- AccessAgent 18.104.22.1685 (Fix pack 6)
- AccessAgent 22.214.171.1245 (Fix pack 7)
- AccessAgent 126.96.36.1991 (Fix pack 8)
- AccessAgent 188.8.131.522 (Fix pack 9)
- AccessAgent 184.108.40.2063 (Fix pack 10)
- AccessAgent 220.127.116.117 (Fix pack 11)
Installing the AccessAgent fix pack
- Download the AccessAgent installer file from Fix Central into your local computer. For example: C:\Temp.
- For Windows 32-bit 8.2.1-ISS-SAMESSO-AA-FP0015_32.msp
- For Windows 64-bit 8.2.1-ISS-SAMESSO-AA-FP0015_64.msp
a. Create a Script folder in the same location where you downloaded the msp installer. For example: If you downloaded the msp installer in C:\Temp\, then create the C:\Temp\Script folder.
b. Download the RegisterBgMonitor.vbs file from Fix Central.
c. Put the RegisterBgMonitor.vbs file in the Script folder. For example: C:\Temp\Script\RegisterBgMonitor.vbs.
d. The installer automatically runs the script file at runtime.
- Ensure that there is no other folder named Script in C:\Temp.
- Ensure that there are no other VBScript files inside the Script folder.
- For Windows 32-bit msiexec /p "8.2.1-ISS-SAMESSO-AA-FP0015_32.msp"
- For Windows 64-bit msiexec /p "8.2.1-ISS-SAMESSO-AA-FP0015_64.msp"
If you successfully installed 8.2.1-ISS-SAMESSO-AA-FP0015, the AccessAgent version is updated to 18.104.22.1683 and the AccessAgent maintenance level is FP0015.
Silent Installation Procedure
You can also install the fix pack silently.
Before you begin
- For Windows 32-bit msiexec /p "8.2.1-ISS-SAMESSO-AA-FP0015_32.msp" /quiet
- For Windows 64-bit msiexec /p "8.2.1-ISS-SAMESSO-AA-FP0015_64.msp" /quiet
Do the following procedures to update the Widget_PSR_init:
- Log in to AccessAgent as an IMS Server administrator.
- In AccessStudio, back up the existing Widget_PSR_init.
- Upload the new Widget_PSR_init.eas to IMS Server.
- AccessAgent is updated with the new widget after an automatic synchronization.
Note: Ensure that Widget_PSR_init is updated to version 1.0.1.
Delete all existing Privileged Session Recorder log files located in the AccessAgent log directory.
For example: C:\Program Files\IBM\ISAM ESSO\AA\logs
15 June 2018