IBM Pattern Modeling and Analysis Tool for Java Garbage Collector is a tool that parses verbose GC trace, analyzes Java heap usage, and recommends key configurations based on pattern modeling of Java heap usage.
- Download: https://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/websphere/appserv/support/tools/pmat/ga458.jar
- Open a terminal or command prompt and change directory to where you downloaded the JAR file.
- Ensure that Java is on your PATH to run the tool.
- Launch the tool:
java -Xmx1g -jar ga*.jar
- GC analysis
- GC table view
- Allocation failure summary
- GC usage summary
- GC duration summary
- GC graph view
- GC pattern analysis
- Zoom in/out/selection/center of chart view
- Option of changing chart color.
- Serial collector
- Throughput/parallel collector
- Concurrent collector
- Incremental/train collector
20 November 2019