Question & Answer
Where can I find the latest technical information about IBM InfoSphere Information Server Pack for SAP Applications 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168?
- SAP product compatibility
- Migrating jobs
- Memory requirements
- Pack for SAP Applications in the Parallel environment
- List of environment variables supported
- Mapping between SAP data types and InfoSphere DataStage data types
- Configuring parallel (MPP) BAPI jobs on Linux or UNIX
- ABAP Extract stage: running multiple jobs in parallel
- ABAP Extract stage and Unicode FAQ
- An SAP Connection cannot be created using InfoSphere DataStage Administrator for SAP
- SAP Pack stages are missing in the DataStage Designer stage types view
- Troubleshooting ABAP extraction jobs that use Remote Function Call (RFC) data transfer method
- The ABAP Extract stage fails to extract multi-byte data (e.g. Chinese characters) correctly
- BAPI stage: log file location setting is incorrect
- BAPI stage editor: some BAPIs do not appear in BAPI explorer
- ABAP Extract job aborts with a "service unknown" error
- See the IMPORTANT NOTES section in the Installation Document.
- Jobs with IDoc stages designed with SAP Pack 6.5 or earlier do not run with SAP Pack 7.0 or later
- The IDoc stages from Pack for SAP R/3 6.5 show up in the Data Stage Designer but don't work anymore after upgrading
- ABAP stages in Server jobs migrated from SAP Pack 6.5 have the "Suppress ABAP program validation at runtime" option checked by default
- Issue during the migration of SAP connections to a new Information Server installation
- IDoc Load stage editor: column definitions are not saved unless the Columns tab is opened
- Use only ASCII characters for some of the configuration parameters
- The ABAP stage SQL builder does not support job parameters in the SQL IN clause.
- Multi-instance jobs with the multiple instances running at the same time are only supported for ABAP stage with the RFC data transfer method.
For the other stages, the limitation is due to temporary runtime artifacts that don't account for job Invocation ID (241617)
- When installing the Pack using the patch installer (ispkg) the file Version.xml is not updated with the Pack version (261920)
- Installing an Information Server Fixpack after installing the Pack for SAP Applications overrides the Pack version recorded in Version.xml (e.g. 22.214.171.124 becomes 126.96.36.199) (232657)
- When using DS Designer to design jobs using the Pack stages, unless instructed by IBM Support otherwise, make sure RFC tracing is disabled (environment variable RFC_TRACE is set to 0 or not defined). There were reports of unexpected errors with the trace on (274673)
- The desktop shortcut for the Datastage Administrator for SAP does not work when used with the Datastage Multi-Cient Manager. Use instead the Start Menu shortcut for the intended IS version - for example Start Menu / IBM InfoSphere Information Server 11.5 / DataStage Administrator for SAP. (261866)
Was this topic helpful?
05 October 2018