Question & Answer
This document provides information about new capabilities in IBM Control Desk Fix Pack 126.96.36.199, including system requirements, fix pack download information, and links to product documentation.
What's new in IBM Control Desk 188.8.131.52
IBM Control Desk Fix Pack 184.108.40.206 adds the following enhancements and updates:
- Updated integration for IBM Control Desk with Genesys Computer Telephony Version 8. The update is available in the IBM ISM Library.
- Support for Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 11
- Updated expiration date for Java, which expires in December 2015.
- Enhancements to the ability to deploy Live Chat for IBM Control Desk, Service Providers edition. With this release, administrators can associate ticket templates that they create with specific customers so that the templates are available only for a given customer. Also, in this release administrators can configure IBM Control Desk to designate a specific Live Chat queue and agent for each customer.
- Fixes for 82 APARs fixes
Ensure that your target machines meet the hardware and software prerequisites listed in the product wiki:
System Requirements for IBM Control Desk Version 7.5.3
Download Packages for IBM Control Desk Fix Pack 220.127.116.11
The available fix pack versions are as follows.
|Table 1. Download packages for IBM Control Desk 18.104.22.168|
On the Fix Central website, download the package that is appropriate for your operating system to a temporary location on the IBM Control Desk 7.5.3 administrative workstation.
Complete the following steps to download the fix pack:
- Go to http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/ and sign in.
- For Product Group, select Tivoli.
- For Product, select IBM Control Desk.
- For Installed Version, select 22.214.171.124.
- Select the appropriate platform and click Continue.
- Select Browse for Fixes and click Continue.
- Select the fix pack. See Table 1 above for package names.
- Follow the instructions on Fix Central to download the packages you selected.
- Extract the fix pack files and open the readme (for example, 126.96.36.199-TIV-ICD-FP0001_en.README) for step-by-step instructions for installing all of the components of the fix pack. You can also view a list of issues that the fix pack resolves.
The package for each operating system contains compressed files for each edition of IBM Control Desk. Install the fix pack for the edition of the product that you own.
The information center installed with your product is not changed with this fix pack. For documentation about the enhancements that are delivered in this release, see the following information:
Configuring Live Chat for Service Providers Version 188.8.131.52
IBM Control Desk 184.108.40.206: Integrating with Genesys Computer Telephony integration guide. This guide is provided in the IBM ISM Library.
IBM Control Desk Documentation in IBM Knowledge Center
IBM Control Desk
IBM Control Desk for Service Providers
IBM Control Desk, Entry Edition
29 September 2018