Customer is using the IBM Cognos Controller on Cloud product. User would like to upgrade their PC/laptop to have the latest Citrix client installed.
How can they upgrade their Windows PC to the latest Citrix client?
- TIP: To find out what version is currently installed, use the instructions inside separate IBM Technote #561079.
- The following steps are based on Windows 10 (and Citrix Receiver client version 4.9).
1. Ensure you are logged on with a Windows-administrative account
2. Launch Control Panel, and navigate to 'Apps & Features'
3. Highlight the relevant Citrix client entry, for example:
- 'Citrix Receiver'
- or 'Citrix Workspace'
4. Click 'Uninstall'
Example #1 (Receiver)
Example #2 (Workspace)
5. Launch the relevant third-party (Citrix) website
- At the time of writing this Technote, the relevant website is: https://www.citrix.com/en-gb/downloads/workspace-app/windows/workspace-app-for-windows-latest.html
8. Perform a default installation
9. At the end, click "Finish":
Was this topic helpful?
12 October 2021