Please ensure that you have already reviewed all of the relevant detail on the following page before you proceed:
IBM Cognos TM1 SSL Expiration - Manual Fix Approach - Landing Page
To update your IBM Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler / IBM Cognos Insight installation, the below steps can be followed:
- Download the updated TM1 SSL Certificates from the following location: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/quickorder?product=ibm%2FInformation+Management%2FCognos+TM1&fixids=BA-CTM1-SSL-ZIP-IF001
- Extract the downloaded file/archive and extract it to any directory. For the purpose of this document, our files will be extracted in to C:\NewSSLCerts\
- After extracting the files, look inside of your extracted folder C:\NewSSLCerts\ . The following files should be present.
**If you are using IBM Cognos TM1 10.1.0 or TM1 10.1.1 Performance Modeler / Cognos Insight, they do not contain shortcuts in the Start menu by default. If you are not sure where Performance Modeler/Cognos Insight had been installed, you will need to launch Performance Modeler and then open Task Manager on your computer. With Task Manager open, look for the ModelingMDT process - on the Processes tab. Right click the ModelingMDT process and select 'Open File Location'
*Depending on your installation, you may have MULTIPLE directories. For example, if you have two versions of TM1 you use in your environment - you will likely have two unique versions of Performance Modeler that will require SSL file updates
- An example SSL folder location would look like the following: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\IBM\Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler\bins\bin_10.2.5240.84\tm1\bin\ssl
- As well as: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\IBM\Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler\bins\bin_10.2.5240.84\tm1\bin\tm1api101\ssl
- And: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\IBM\Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler\bins\bin_10.2.5240.84\tm1\bin\tm1api102\ssl
At this stage, (and assuming your IBM Cognos TM1 Server components have been set up correctly and are running) - you should be able to confirm that you are able to successfully use IBM Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler and/or Cognos Insight.
15 June 2018