Please ensure that you have already reviewed all of the relevant detail on the following page before you proceed:
IBM Cognos TM1 SSL Expiration - Updater Kits - Landing Page
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
-Do not proceed with updating your TM1 Client Applications, unless your TM1 Server Applications have already been configured to use the new certificates. Switching your client to use the new TM1 SSL Certificates before your server has been updated - will result in being unable to connect to / open any TM1 Server connections.
This application updates all TM1 SSL files for Cognos Insight and Performance Modeler upon a machine on which it is run. It can be run in any location from a command prompt.
- In the default mode it will run once for the logged on user
- If any machine-wide installs are detected it will run again automatically in order to update those instances.
- In the default mode all replaced files will be backed up in-place by appending ".bak_<timestamp>" to the filename.
- To perform a test run (i.e. no files are changed) use the -w or --noWrite switch.
- Full list of options:
- -h or --help Show help
- -p or --pause Pause when complete
- -b or --noBackup Don't backup the original ssl files before overwriting
- -w or --noWrite Test run - don't actually write any files
- -v or --verbose Give more detail
- Download/obtain the RcpSslUpdater file(s) from the following location: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/swg/quickorder?parent=Cognos&product=ibm/Information+Management/Cognos+TM1&release=10.2&platform=All&function=fixId&fixids=10.2.2-BA-CTM1-SSL-SE-IF001
- For 32bit Operating Systems, download the RcpSslUpdater.exe
- For 64bit Operating Systems, download the RcpSslUpdater64.exe
You may notice the URL above indicates version 10.2.2, however the file and steps are applicable to ALL Versions of TM1 Performance Modeler / Cognos Insight (TM1 10.1 through TM1 10.2.2)
- RcpSslUpdater64.exe (or RcpSslUpdater.exe)
You may also run the executable by double clicking the file instead of command line, however doing so will not display the files that are being updated
After the above steps have been followed, your IBM Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler / Cognos Insight applications will have been updated successfully.
15 June 2018