Question & Answer
How do you update the Apache Tomcat server for existing IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM): Rational Requirements Composer (RRC), Rational DOORS Next Generation (RDNG), Rational Quality Manager (RQM), Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Software Architect Design Manager (RSA DM), and Rational Rhapsody Design Manager (Rhapsody DM)?
To upgrade the Apache Tomcat server, follow these steps:
- Stop the CLM Servers
- Download Apache Tomcat 7.0.56 or later core zip file from Apache Tomcat 7 Archive download site (for instance: apache-tomcat-7.0.56-windows-x64.zip)
- Backup the entire Tomcat directory under:
to a temporary location.
- Delete the following folders from ..\JazzTeamServerInstall\server\tomcat directory after backing them up as instructed in step #3:
- Extract the downloaded Tomcat core compressed file to a temporary location.
- There will be a list of folders with the same name as the deleted folders from Step #4. Copy them to:
- Rename the server.xml under ..\JazzTeamServerInstall\server\tomcat\conf to something like serverdefaulttomcat.xml
- Copy the server.xml from the backup location at step #3 to
- Rename the existing tomcat-users.xml file under the directoryJazzTeamServerInstall\server\tomcat\conf
to something like
- Copy the tomcat-users.xml file in the backup location at step #3 to JazzTeamServerInstall\server\tomcat\conf
NOTE: If you are using the default Tomcat UserDatabaseRealm for user authentication, you may need to reset the password for each user by editing the tomcat-users.xml file, if they are unable to sign in. To do this, type in the same password as the original one then save the changes. This is caused by the password encryption in the Tomcat instance before the upgrade, and might not be recognized after the Tomcat upgrade.
- Copy the following jar files from the \lib directory in the backup location
- Start Jazz team server by running server.startup.bat under ..\JazzTeamServerInstall\server,
or by means of starting the tomcat service
- Check tomcat catalina.log, and ensure tomcat is upgraded to the targeted version. For example, if you are upgrading to 7.0.56, you should see the following line:
Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.56
- Ensure you can login to the JTS Server from the following URL:
The Jazz based products have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
Rational DOORS Next Generation;Rational Team Concert;Rational Quality Manager
16 June 2018