Question & Answer
How do I set a mailbox to read-only in IBM Sterling B2B Integrator?
You control access to mailboxes by adding the permission associated with a mailbox to the user that you want to have access.
By default, when you add a mailbox to a user, the user gets full rights to the mailbox.
To set granular rights to a mailbox for a user.
1) Add the permission for the mailbox in question to the user.
2) Export the user through Deployment > Resource Manager > Import/Export.
3) Edit the export.xml file.
4) Find SI_RESOURCES/USERS/USER/USERDEPENDENTS/USERXPERMS/USERXPERM/METADATA/RIGHTS for the user and mailbox in question.
By default it will be set to:
5) Set this to the rights you want. Determine this by adding up the values for the individual rights:
1 - EXECUTE
2 - WRITE
4 - READ
8 = DELETE
16 = VIEW
Note: Always add the EXECUTE right. Without that right many other functions will not work.
For example, to set a standard read-only, add EXECUTE(1)+READ(4)+VIEW(16) = 21
To set VIEW only, add EXECUTE(1)+VIEW(16) = 17
6) Import the user back into the system through Deployment > Resource Manager > Import/Export.
Note: Currently in Sterling B2B Integrator fixpack 126.96.36.199, If you modify a user's rights through the UI, the permissions are set back to full (2047) even if you don't change the mailbox rights. This means that to get the rights This will be fixed in APAR IC82800
Internal Use Only
This technote was generated by Technote Kickstart 188.8.131.52 based on Industry Solutions PMR 93436,7TD,000.
View the associated PMR's text via Wellspring at: http://eclient.lenexa.ibm.com:9082/DocFetcher/source/PMR/93436.7TD.000%20O14/06/11
16 June 2018