Question & Answer
1. Stop the running of your service in Cognos Configuration.
2. On the Content Manager computer, click ‘File > Export As’.
3. Choose ‘Yes’ at the prompt and save the file. For example, name it ‘backup.xml’, which will be stored in the c11\configuration folder.
3.1. For Linux or Unix, without a GUI, the following command, run in the bin64 folder, achieves the same result:
./cogconfig.sh -e ../configuration/export.xml
4. Close Cognos Configuration.
5. On the Content Manager computer
5.1 Create a backup of the following files before moving them to a different, secure location (as during the cryptographic keys regeneration process they are re-created):
The files are:
(caSerial: No more present with 11.2.4)
5.2 Create a backup of the following directories before moving it to a different, secure location (as during the cryptographic keys regeneration process they will be re-created). Alternatively you can also rename the directories.
The directory is
6. In the c11\configuration folder, rename ‘backup.xml’ to ‘cogstartup.xml’.
7. Open Cognos Configuration, save the configuration and start the services.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 on all computers with Cognos Analytics Server components installed.
Was this topic helpful?
24 March 2023