Question & Answer
1. Stop the running of your service in Cognos Configuration.
2. On the Content Manager computer, click ‘File > Export As’.
3. Choose ‘Yes’ at the prompt and save the file. For example, name it ‘backup.xml’ which will be stored in the c11\configuration folder.
4. Close Cognos Configuration.
5. On the Content Manager computer
5.1 Create a backup of the following files before moving them to a different, secure location (as during the cryptographic keys regeneration process they will be re-created):
The files are:
5.2 Create a backup of the following directories before moving it to a different, secure location (as during the cryptographic keys regeneration process they will be re-created). Alternatively you can also rename the directories.
The directory is
6. In the c11\configuration folder, rename ‘backup.xml’ to ‘cogstartup.xml’.
7. Open Cognos Configuration, save the configuration and start the services.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 on all computers that have Cognos Analytics Server components installed.
24 April 2019