Customer receives an error when running a Standard Report, indicating that the data source has not been created. Customer attempts to solve this problem by using 'Controller Configuration - Report Server'. Unfortunately this 'automatic' method fails (with an error). How can the customer create the missing data sources, without using the 'Controller Configuration' method?
Customer gets error inside Controller Configuration, when trying to use the 'Test' or 'Repair' button..
- For example, see separate IBM Technote #1655518
Resolving The Problem
The instructions will vary slightly depending on the environment (version of Controller, and if using SQL/Oracle/DB2).
- Therefore, the following instructions may need to be changed slightly for your environment.
1. Launch Cognos Connection (URL: //servername/ibmcognos)
2. Navigate to "Administer IBM Cognos content" - "Configuration"
3. Click on "Data Source Connections":
- Notice how you may have some existing database connections listed in there, for example:
4. Near the top-right, click "New Data Source":
5. Inside the "Name" section type in a value similar to the following:
- If using Oracle, replace 'SQLNCLI.1' with: OraOLEDB.Oracle.1
6. Click "Next"
7. Choose the appropriate type (for example "Microsoft SQL Server (SQL 2008 Native Client)")
8. Untick the box "Configure JDBC connection" and click "Next"
9. Configure the relevant details, for example:
10. Click "Test the connection" and ensure that it works OK
11. Click "Finish".
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018