We can have row numbers in Crosstab/list report using running-count function. There can be different ways as well using some diferent function or technique in addition to using running-count function.
Resolving The Problem
Steps for creating a column having row number in crosstab :-
1) Assuming that we have created a crosstab as below
2) Drag Crosstab space (with fact cells) just next to Product Type.
3) Create a data item ‘Row No’ as shown in below snapshot. We have used running-count function only.
4) Select the crosstab space(with fact cells) which we dragged in step(2) and then click on the ‘Lock’ icon to unlock it. Refer to below snapshot for the same.
5) Now drag ‘Row No’ data item onto it.
6) You can pass the row number to another report using drill through definition. To specify Drill through definition being in the unlock state select <Row No> text so that it’s properties is displayed as shown below
7) The output of the report would be show as below
For List report you need to created data item 'Row No' as shown in Step3 and then simply drag it onto the List report as one of column.
The attached report specification is of Cognos 10.2.2 created using "Go Data warehouse (analysis)" package.
15 June 2018